The Swiss-Ski Federation is the organisation that coordinates one of the most successful sports in Switzerland. Since its foundation in 1904, Swiss-Ski has been one of the important, successful sports associations in the country. It brings together the following sports under one roof in its headquarters in Muri, near Berne:
- Alpine skiing
- Nordic skiing (cross-country skiing, ski jumping, Nordic combined and biathlon )
- Snowboard, comprising Alpine snowboard and Freestyle Snowboard
- Freestyle (Aerials, Ski cross , Moguls and Freeski)
- Telemark (Norwegian downhill skiing technique)
- and other popular sports.
Collaboration with Swiss Ski has been continuing for a while now, with a view to building and certifying treatment programmes in professional skiing. Our job is to work alongside the team of federation therapists to support achievement of their athletes’ objectives, accompanying them during the various pre and post competition stages. Continual contact helps to keep the team updated on new work programmes and at the same time gives us access to very useful information for sharing with the rest of our international team.
It is a pleasure to be able to follow through this project alongside athletes such as Lara Gut, Beat Feuz, Luca Aerni, Corinne Suter, and many others.
Click here for more info about the federation.